Search This Blog

Monday 6 January 2014

Taking the High Brow!



Eyebrows...*Sigh*
I have devoted a whole post to them! There is  a popular saying floating around the beauty and blogging world that eyebrows are not twins they are, in fact sisters! Cute. But seriously...They can be a pain to work with! Eyebrows have always been important to the face, they frame the eyes and add to your features. For me there are three main factors when it comes to Brows!

1,) The Shape
2.) Fullness of 'The brow'
3.) Maintenance

We all have tragic stories of over plucking and even stories of  girls shaving there brows off...How or what would posses someone to think that was ever a good idea I just do not know!! Focus Katy! Anyway nowadays there are tones of tutorials and posts on eyebrows so there should be no excuses! If you don't feel comfortable doing them yourself, or you have tendency to go a little overboard put down the tweezers and Go to a Professional! Also please do not let your friend go at your brows, unless she/he seriously KNOWS what she or he is doing! I was lucky enough that my best friends mum was a beautician when I got to the age of wanting to pluck my eyebrows she taught me how. I had a uni-brow and they were super thick brows. Luckily she steered me away from the over plucking as did my mum. However a few years later I thought I knew best and got a bit tweezer happy. I did some temporary damage but luckily they grew back once I realized the drag Queen Brow, (although fab as they are) didn't really suit a young girl....And also the fact that I wasn't a drag Queen might have influenced me to change my brows!


  • The Shape: Let me start off by saying there IS a FINE balance between the different shapes. A nice arch is vital to your brows but, its important not to go overboard no-one wants Nikey ticks on their face! 

         General Guide line for Brow Shape
       
    -Oval shaped face; Thinner higher arches
       -Round shaped face; A slim medium arch
       -Long shaped face; straight medium thick with a subtle arch
       -Heart shape face; Fuller brows with medium arch

  
   
     
My eye!

  • Fullness of the Brow; Cara Delevingne has to be the Queen of Thick and Beautiful Brows, although this Brow suits only certain faces. Natural full brows are always a good look, there youthful and beautiful. Unfortunately my brows are nothing like Cara's! Excuse the awful lighting and makeup free-ness of it all. The pink lines highlight where your eyebrows should start, where they finish and where the arch should be. Although I am not blessed with the thickest eyebrows Benefit eyebrow palettes are great for filling any sparse bits! However if you don't want to spend too much money for just filling in your eyebrows, any good pigmented eyeshadow CLOSE to your natural eyebrow colour will work. Just make sure its MATTE. The Basic Urban Decay Naked palette, is a nice multipurpose palette as it has a lovely selection of basic colours for an everyday eye look and also perfect for filling in the brows! The basic palette is also much smaller making it easier to bring when your travelling o just staying over night somewhere! 

                        
  • Maintenance ; Grooming your eyebrows can be a paiiiin in the ass, especially when you have let them grow a bit wild. Trimming your eyebrows can also work to keep them tidy in between plucking them! I would suggest trying not to trim them too often, only when it is necessary. Eg longer hairs that are longer then others or hang over the edge of your defined brow. Eyelash brushes are easy to find MAC do great ones but any will do. Brushing the hair upwards and at an angle and trimming only the end of hairs that are going past the eyebrow. Be careful if you cut too much there will be patches! A Good Tweezers is always a must! Filling in your eyebrows (heavily, just for plucking)  into the shape you want. When you are plucking this will act as a guideline as to what hairs you pluck. Plucking outside the shape you have made when you filled them in aids in keeping your brow shape and also prevents you from plucking too much or the wrong hairs.

How do you look after your eyebrows? Have any eyebrow tips of your own?  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment